Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Holiday

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving holiday. I was content to stay home and make dinner for my two guys. In between I gathered all the batting scraps I could find upstairs, downstairs and in the closet. There were too many cluttering up my space. I was able to put together 9 small batts with a bag left for 6 1/2" strips for our quilt-as-you-go comfort quilts. We have batting scraps of all kinds. cottons, polyester and blends. Different lofts too. I knew the others at church were going to be asking me to order some more batting soon, but I won't till we use up some of this.We also have packages of batting to use that someone donated last year. We would rather work with a roll of batting, but we will use this cause it was free. We all like that.


A couple of days ago I was rummaging around in  a pile in the corner and came across a bunch of old Thimbleberries that had been cut into 2 1/2" strips. So I very quickly decided on a project and began cutting and sewing the squares and rectangles for some Crazy 8's blocks. I made lots of progress. Again I really liked that they were already cut into 2 1/2" strips even though I cut them who knows how long ago.  Now I kinda see the appeal of the jelly rolls.  I still really prefer to make my own.

More work with Lucrecia today on comfort quilt kits. Tonight I will put another one on the frame downstairs. Quilt quilt, eat, sleep quilt and repeat. Is there anything else?

No comments: